SESAME STREET LIVE CONTEST THE OBSERVER-DISPATCH OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Observer-Dispatch Sesame Street Live Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 11, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 15, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who reside in the State of New York and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry (the “Entrant” or “Entrants”). Employees, contractors and interns of GateHouse Media, Inc. and GateHouse Media New York Holdings, Inc. (together, “GateHouse Media”), Vee Corporation and other participating businesses, and each of their respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (including immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate family members” is defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws", or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND CONTEST RULES
During the Contest Period, Entrants should visit www.uticaod.com (the “Website”)and locate ten (10) Stars (the “star” or “Stars”) hidden within stories posted on the Website. Each of the Eggs will have a word (the “Word” or “Words”) associated with the Star. The object of the Contest is to locate all of the Stars and to put the Words together to form a sentence (the “Secret Sentence”).
The Sentence should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on April 15, 2012 (the “Entry Deadline”). Entries will not be accepted via postal mail, facsimile or at the offices of The Observer-Dispatch (the “Publication”).
Entries are limited to one (1) entry per e-mail address.
Use of E-mail Addresses
By participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to opt-in to receive e-mail communications from GateHouse Media or the sponsors. If Entrants choose to opt out of such future communications from GateHouse Media or the sponsors, they will be able to do so by following the instructions on any electronic communications sent by GateHouse Media or the sponsors. Upon opting-out, GateHouse Media or the sponsors will no longer send e-mail messages to the Entrant. An Entrant’s choice to opt out will not affect entry in this Contest.
SELECTION OF THE WINNERS; RANDOM DRAWING: ODDS OF WINNING
All entries received by the Entry Deadline that correctly identify the Secret Sentence will be entered in a random drawing (the “Drawing”). The Drawing will be held at the offices of the Publication on or around April 16, 2012. Entrants do not need to be present at the Drawing to win a prize.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of entries correctly identifying the Secret Sentence.
If there are no entries that correctly identify the Secret Sentence, the winners will be chosen in a random drawing.
All decisions of GateHouse Media regarding the Contest are final.
PRIZES; NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNERS
Six (6) prize packages will be awarded in the Contest. Each of the potential winners will receive four (4) tickets to Sesame Street Live!, (the “Tickets”) to be held at 11:30 a.m. ET on April 21, 2012, at the Stanley Center for the Arts located at 261 Genesee Street in Utica, New York (the “Event”). The approximate retail value of the prize is $39.00 per ticket. The Tickets must be picked up by the winners prior to the Event at the offices the Publication located at 221 Oriskany Plaza, Utica, NY or the winner must make alternate arrangements with the Publication. The offices of the Publication are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. ET, and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
No substitution or transfer of the prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of GateHouse Media. GateHouse Media reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The prize has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash at any time. No compensation will be given for lost, stolen, mutilated or expired tickets. GateHouse Media shall not be responsible for any cancelling or rescheduling of the Event. Fulfillment of the tickets is the sole responsibility of the venue, not GateHouse Media. It is illegal to scalp any tickets won from GateHouse Media. If a prize winner is caught scalping tickets, he or she will be ejected from the venue and this will result in the winner’s disqualification from this and all future GateHouse Media sweepstakes and contests. The resale or auction of GateHouse Media prizes or tickets will result in the winner’s disqualification from all future GateHouse Media sweepstakes and contests.
The potential prize winners will be notified by phone or mail in accordance with the contact information supplied at the time of entry. Potential prize winners must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release in order to be eligible to accept the prize. No substitution or transfer of the prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of GateHouse Media. All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of GateHouse Media, which are binding and final, and release GateHouse Media, and each of its divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone associated with the production of this Contest, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses or damages (including attorneys fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. The potential prize winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize and waives any liability or claims (including attorneys fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned to GateHouse Media as undeliverable, if prize is refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing. Upon forfeiture or refusal, no compensation will be given. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name and/or statements attributed to winner regarding the Contest, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent. All entries become the property of GateHouse Media. This Contest shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the state of New York, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of any entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Gatehouse Media and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including information on Entrants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law. Gatehouse Media reserves the right to change the rules of the Contest at any time.
This Contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that an Entrant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
GateHouse Media and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on Entrants obtained through the Contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
GateHouse Media and their affiliates reserve the right to change the rules of the Contest at any time.
NAMES OF WINNERS
To obtain the names of the winners, contact the Publication by mail at Observer-Dispatch, Attn: Marketing, 221 Oriskany Plaza, Utica, NY 13501.
GateHouse Media New York Holdings, Inc. d/b/a The Observer-Dispatch, 350 WillowBrook Office Park, Fairport, New York 14450.
Vee Corporation, __________________________________________________________.
Observer-Dispatch New York Lottery The Color of Money Sweepstakes Rules
1. Who can enter?: The Observer-Dispatch New York Lottery The Color of Money Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to any holder of any valid non-winning New York Lottery The Color of Money Scratch-off ticket on sale or open for redemption during the promotion period between Monday, March 12, 2012 – Sunday, May 6, 2012. A person must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
Mail entry to:
Observer-Dispatch New York Lottery The Color of Money
221 Oriskany Plaza
Utica , NY 13501
3. Random Drawings: Weekly random drawings will be held for each of the forty-eight (48) daily prizes and the eight (8) Sunday prizes. . Weekly drawings will be held on or about Wednesday, March 21, 2012; Wednesday, March 28, 2012; Wednesday, April 4, 2012; Wednesday, April 11, 2012; Wednesday, April 18, 2012, Wednesday, April 25, 2012; Wednesday, May 2, 2012 and Wednesday, May 9, 2012. The Grand Prize drawing will take place on or about May 9, 2012.
Each weekly (4) drawing will award:
Six (6) – Daily Prizes of ten (10) New York Lottery The Color of Money tickets ($50)
One (1) – Sunday Prize of twenty (20) New York Lottery The Color of Money tickets ($100)
Winners will be randomly selected from all entries received. Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the day prior to the drawing to be eligible for the weekly drawing.
Grand Prize Drawing: The grand prize drawing will award:
One (1)-Grand Prize of 400 New York Lottery The Color of Money Tickets ($2000)
Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing.
4. All qualified entries submitted and not drawn during a weekly or Sunday drawing will be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing. The last deadline for all entries is 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 8, 2012. Depending on the number of entries received, a pre-selection drawing may be done. Eligible winners will be notified by mail and/or a telephone call.
All entries shall be subject to verification by the Lottery.
5. Sweepstakes subject to applicable laws and regulations. Taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. No transfer, substitution or cash value of prizes is permitted. Any prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected. Any selected winner who is contacted and fails to provide all information requested (e.g. age verification, address verification, signed publicity/liability release and affidavit as to identity, social security number, etc.) within 30-days will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Prizes are not for resale, cannot be redeemed for cash, are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be used in conjunction with any discount, premium or rebate offer. The New York Lottery reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes with a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. By acceptance of prize, a winner agrees that the New York Lottery, as Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, DDB Worldwide, and The Observer-Dispatch may use his or her name, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising or other purposes of the New York Lottery without further compensation. Odds of winning a prize are based on the number of entries received. By entering, an entrant agrees at all times to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the New York Lottery, as Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, DDB Worldwide, and The Observer-Dispatch from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, injuries, death, accidents, losses or damages of any kind resulting directly or indirectly from any and all activity related to entering and/or participating in this Observer-Dispatch New York Lottery The Color of Money Sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of any prize. Each winner agrees that the New York Lottery and its advertising and promotion agencies, DDB Worldwide, The Observer-Dispatch, and each of their respective agents and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or from acceptance or use of the prize awarded.
Any entry including a New York Lottery ticket mechanically reproduced, altered, mutilated, containing any printing or other errors, tampered with in any way, or not received as specified above are ineligible. Entries become the sole property of the New York Lottery. No entries or New York Lottery tickets will be returned. Each entrant should verify that his or her ticket has not already won a New York Lottery prize prior to entering the Sweepstakes. The New York Lottery will not be responsible for any entrant mailing a winning Lottery ticket. The New York Lottery will not be responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries.
If any discrepancy should exist between these Official Rules and any promotional material describing this Sweepstakes, these Official Rules shall govern.
6. Employees of the New York Lottery, DDB Worldwide, Employees of GateHouse Media, Inc. and GateHouse Media Observer-Dispatch Holdings, Inc. (collectively, “GateHouse Media”), each of their respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (including immediate family members or those living in the same household) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Offer void where prohibited or restricted.
7. If, for any reason, the Observer-Dispatch New York Lottery The Color of Money Sweepstakes, cannot be completed as planned due to, without limitation, errors in these Official Rules or advertising for this Sweepstakes, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, human error or any other cause beyond the control of the New York Lottery that, in the sole judgment of the New York Lottery, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the New York Lottery reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded the intended prize or prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated entries.
8. PERSONAL INFORMATION NOTICE: The New York Lottery requires the collection of an entrant’s personal information to comply with the Internal Revenue Code and the New York Tax Law income reporting and any applicable tax withholding requirements and under the authority of New York Tax Law Section 1604 to announce Lottery prize awards. If an entrant does not provide all or any part of the required personal information, the entry may not be processed, the claim might be denied and the entrant might not be awarded a prize. The Lottery’s Prize Payments Unit is the custodian of prize records and may be contacted by mail at POB 7533, Schenectady, New York 12301-7533 or by phone at (518) 388-3370.
9. Winners List: For the names of winners, available at the conclusion of the offer, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to New York Lottery Observer-Dispatch The Color of Money Winners List, 221 Oriskany Plaza, Utica, NY 13501. REQUESTS RECEIVED WITHOUT A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE WILL NOT BE FILLED. Requests for winner’s lists will be honored up to one month after final drawing date.